Saturday, May 23, 2009

Salaries in Music

There are a variety of different salaries out in the world. From accounting to sales to waiter, salaries are paid in a variety of different ways. I did some research on the web to find out how much the top sports athletes receives compared to musicians. Kevin Garnett who is a basketball player who plays for the Boston Celtics receives $24,750,000 American each year. That was the first salary that I looked up. I thought that was a ton for what they do for their job. They play the sport they love and get paid millions for it. I proceeded to look up what musicians make. Beyonce is one of the top worldwide musicians; she receives around 50,000,000 a tour. She usually does a tour every other year lets say so she makes close to $25,000,000 a year as well. I would say that either one of those jobs you are well off for the rest of your life. After seeing those results, I was curious to see what a rock stars salary was. I looked up Paul McCartney from the Beatles and he is worth 710,000,000 from his career of being a rock star. So if you are looking for a job, look into either playing a sport you love professionally or sing for your living on tours. 

http://money.uk.msn.com/guides/salarycentre/gallery.aspx?cp-documentid=8913008&dub-gallery-photo-number=15

No comments:

Post a Comment